cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Box on Analog Phone

kgrant3120
Level 1
Level 1

I have done some searching in the forum but could not find anything.

We have two folks in our warehouse that use analog phones on UC520 and I need to give them voicemail boxes.  I cannot see in CCA were it will allow me to create a voicemail box I only see the voicemail box opion under user extensions.  Can this even be done?

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you have to set the FXS port as USER MODE PHONE. (it will consume a SCCP license this way, but fear not, we give you 4 extra for this).

Default may be Common Area Phone, which is not a featured setting.

CCA has this in Configuration Drawer.

Steve,  Thank you you are gentleman and a wizard.  Another one for me to add to my tool belt.

So I got it straight I believe.  Now when I dial that extension or DID it goes to vmail instantly.  I got the foward FNA set to 20 Sec. to vmail DN I am assuming it may because the voicemail box is not not setup yet?  Once mailbox is setup it will follow the CFA rule?

Actually, dialing that extension before assigning a user should just ring the extension. The voicemail is created when you assign a user in CCA to this new "phone".

Marcos

Ahh ... Once it becomes a user mode phone, you need to go into voice menu and configure it, and you need to initialize the voicemail with a pw and recorded name from the phone itself.  Not sure why it woul behave like you mentioned, but try this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: