Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express- Changing IP address of CallManager

zamora0800
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

writing to inquire if anyone has had to change the IP address of the Call Manager with a IPCC Express 4.x server on the network? I have a customer who wants to move thier CallManager (UCM 6.1) but I am not 100 percent sure on the impact on the IPCC Express Box.

To be more clear my question is what are the area of IPCC Express that I need to change i.e. registry settings etc.

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there is a number of steps you need to perform BEFORE actually changing the IP address of the CallManager server within the IPCCX configuration.

There is a tool called CRS Serviceability Utility, you can find it in the Start menu on the IPCCX server.

Make sure you plan a maintenance window because this operation needs a CRS node restart.

Take a look at two panels, Cisco CallManager IP address and the CiscoCallManager LDAP configuration (if you use the default LDAP server, "DC Directory").

Take a look at the attached screenshot.

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Zamora

So my understanding is that your custoer is thniking of upgrading their Call Manager to version 6.1

If this is the case then you will be forced to perform a upgrade of your IPCC box.

As per the matrix:

End of Sales IPCC Product

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crsmatrxeol.pdf

Version 4.x of IPCC Express is no compatiable with version 6.1 of CUCM.

For compatiable version please refer too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Now the path would be to first make sure your IPCC Express is version 4.0(5)  and then run the Data Migration Tool.

Once the data file has been created, restore the information back onto a version 7.x IPCC.

Please note that you may need hardware for IPCC 7.x but refer to the guide on what you require.

Sorry Hoai I wasn't clear. The customer is already at UCM 6.1. They are wanting to change the IP address of the Call Manager. The IPCC express IP address will not change however that stays the same.

So to review

Change UCM (Call Manager) IP address - No subscribers since it's Business Edition

Leave IPCC Express IP address the same

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there is a number of steps you need to perform BEFORE actually changing the IP address of the CallManager server within the IPCCX configuration.

There is a tool called CRS Serviceability Utility, you can find it in the Start menu on the IPCCX server.

Make sure you plan a maintenance window because this operation needs a CRS node restart.

Take a look at two panels, Cisco CallManager IP address and the CiscoCallManager LDAP configuration (if you use the default LDAP server, "DC Directory").

Take a look at the attached screenshot.

G.

Thank you very much Netbakter...I appreciate the response

this process should be done before changing IP address, or can i do it after ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: