Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 e-mail subsystem / step doubt

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an external (not in my LAN) SMTP server and I need to use e-mail step in my scripts but if i loose my internet connection  is there any possibility to try to  resend e-mail later?

Thanks

Best Regards,

MC

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

no, actually it is just a simple SMTP session without any queuing capabilities.

You have two options:

1. (easy) set up a small SMTP server with queuing capabilities someplace near the UCCX server,

2. (challenging) before using the Send Email step, make a copy of all emails, for instance, in a database, and make the same script delete this row when it exits on the Successful branch of the Send Email step. If for any reason the send fails, the email remains in the database and you can use any Python/Perl/**your favorite language here** script to periodically check for these rows and send them.

G.

There is a third option but I'm not sure I would recommend it to the average customer:

3. Use the On Exception step to recover from the contact hanging up and continue processing the AEF script. If the SMTP fails, you could use a delay step and loop back to try again after a period of time. This can't last forever (maximum step count), consumes memory, and is difficult to see since there is no longer an active call attached to the script. Be especially careful here because a large volume of calls doing this could result in a high server load if there are lots of sessions sitting in memory post-caller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: