Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When Dynamic routing with Multiple Contexts

Hi,

I would like to know if will be possible to have dynamic routing working into FWSM with multiple context in the future. I need this because I have two OSPF process working outside and inside de FWSM, so the FWSM should have the posibility of announce the routes by OSPF.

Using dynamic routing if the Primary FWSM fail the network routes could converge and go crossing an backup ASA FW to Internet automatically.

Best regards, Jorge Goya.

1 Reply 1

Magnus Mortensen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jorge,

Right now the only dynamic routing you can do with the FWSM when it is in multiple context mode is BGP stub routing, not OSPF. You may be able to use the FWSM contexts as transparent contexts. That way you could still have an FWSM in the path of traffic, but the OSPF traffic would flow through between the routers on the inside and outside of the context. The context itself would not form an OSPF relationship with any adjacent device as it is in transparent mode. More info on transparent FW here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm41/configuration/guide/fwmode_f.html

-Magnus

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card