Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS in VRF\MPLS Environment

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I need to deploy waas  WAE7371 in VRF/MPLS environment. I have 2 sites, each one have 6500 router as  a CE\PE with multiple vrf. the wan interface is mpls enabled.
i need to deploy the WAE-7371 in only one VRF, let say VRF  netapp which is bounded to interface vlan x. i will create another L3 interface vlan with defferent subnet and bound it to vrf netapp (for the WAE).
because  wccp protocol is not vrf\mpls aware, can i configure IP wccp 61  redirect in & IP wccp 62 redirect out on the interface vlan x  and get the same results?
attached diagram for the deployment.
thanks,
5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Avi,

Outbound redirection is not recommended on the Catalyst 6500 platform, since a portion of the processing occurs in software.

Is it possible to deploy the WAEs physically inline (requires the inline module) between the L2 switches and CE/PE switches?

Regards,

Zach

not quite since the netapps are sitting directly on the CE\PE.

i know i can do it with vlan crossing but i cannot change the current configuration.

have another idea ?

The diagram you provided shows the NetApp devices physically connected to the L2 switches.  Is that not the case?

Zach

correct.

but from the customer point of view he don't want to change the current design.

what could be the impact of using the "redirect out" although it is software based ?, can it crashes the C6K ?

It won't crash the 6k, per se, but the elevated CPU utilization could cause severe performance issues that would affect other services.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: