cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Workflow Administrator Password Recovery

MARK CARDWELL
Level 1
Level 1

I have a supervisor that changed the default password (admin) on his install of Desktop Administrator. The supervisor has forgot the password and is not able to access the application. Is it possible to reset the password without knowing the current. I have tried to uninstall and then re-install, this did not work. Password is still required and it is not the default.

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the docs (Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide CAD 6.6 for Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Release 7.0, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Edition September 2009) say:

Restoring the Default Password

The Reset Administrator Password option can be used In the event you forget a password you set up. This option resets the password back to its default value (blank) without requiring that you know the previous password.

This menu option is available only in CAD Configuration Setup located on the Unified CCX server.

To restore the default password:

1.On the Unified CCX server, navigate to the C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin folder.

2.Double-click postinstall.exe to launch CAD Configuration Setup.

3.Choose File > Reset Administrator Password. The utility runs and resets the password to blank.

I never tried it myself, but it sounds reasonable.

G.