cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward all caller id

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I am running CUCM 7.13b using DID's.  When I set my phone to call forward all to an external number, the caller ID does not show my DID number only the billing number for our PRI.

Each line in the system is set with an External Phone Number Mask of either 290XXXX or 290(main number).  Some of the DID's we do not want to appear on caller id so we mask them to a main number.

When I run a debug on the gateway the output shows that the calling number is 290(the last four of the original calling party).  This of course is not a valid number on this PRI so telco changes it to the billing number.

Is there a way to have the call forward all present to telco the DID phone number of the phone that is doing the forwarding?

Seth

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maybe I'm missing something in the scenario:

1)  You have a DID.

2)  You set CFwdAll to an external number.

3)  Mask is either 290XXXX or 2901234 (main number).

4)  Debug shows your number as calling party for forwarding but that number is not a valid DID on the trunk.

5)  Telco presents BTN as caller ID on forwarded call.

This would be expected behavior to me.  If the DID is not associated with the trunk or not known by the carrier, then most carriers will present BTN.

So forgive me if I'm being dense, but what behavior would you like to see?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

The problem was that when I would call 2901234 set for call forward all to 7776789 from 5559999, the gateway would show the calling party for the outbound call as 2909999.  The 2909999 is not a valid number on the PRI so telco would change it to the BTN.

My co-worker found the answer under the gateway configuration.

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls section

set to First Redirect Number (External)  - parameter

Thanx for the help again.  I still owe you a cold one.

Seth

Ah, you mentioned testing the call but not the specifics about wanting the original calling party to be passed as CLID.  Your co-worker found what I was going to tell you in follow-up as I thought you were looking for that but you never know - hence, I asked for more details.

Hailey

Ok, since I got the caller-id working for the call forward all, now I have discovered a problem that this causes for me.

We are using Emergency responder and found that with the Calling Party Selection set to First Redirected Number (External) this is keeping the DID from going out when a 911 call is made thru the ER.

When Calling Party Selection set to Originator then ER outbound calling parting number works fine.

Any suggestions as to how to have both working as we want or am I looking at a one or the other situation?

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: