cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I dial a Unity subscriber extension when they don't have an assigned IP phone?

micky.barber
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up our warehouse staff to share centrally placed IP phones by setting them up in Exchange and as a Unity subscriber and then configured the Call Transfer page to ring the extension of the phone closest to where they work in the warehouse.  This works great except you have to go through auto attendant to dial their assigned extension to have it ring where it would be desirable to be able to look them up in the Corporate Directory and dial, but if I do that, it just goes to their voicemail.  Is there a way around this?

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could set up a dummy phone record for each user and then use the Call Forward All or Call Forward Unregistered field(s) to forward calls to the phone closest to where they work in the warehouse (just like you have in Unity for transfers).  Then if you look the user up in the directory and dial them, the call forward would take effect.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for your reply!  Your suggestion was right on track.  It would not work when I tried the Call Forward All, but it did work when I used the Call Forward Unregistered field.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: