cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IOS

joshuawood99
Level 1
Level 1

I am going through a series of fixed configuration Cisco 3550 swtiches and upgrading their IOS versions. I can get most of the IOS's that I need off of the cisco site via the switch downloads section. The problem that I have run into is that I do not know what the upgrade path is for the IOS c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-19.EA1c.

I have searched the internet in order confirm that the correct IOS version upgrade for this is c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin. I need to confirm, via some source, that the upgrade path for the IOS c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-19.EA1c to c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin is correct. The hardware is WS-C3550-24-EMI.

If anyone has any sources on which IOS is the correct one for upgrading can you post that info? Thanks to everyone who reads this!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joshuawood99 wrote:

Fair enough, I suppose what I want to know is that I am not loosing any features by going to the IOS version that I mention. Without going through each feature is there a way to know which IOS version is comparable in features?

Joshua

This is where Feature Navigator is really useful. Go to this page and then use the compare 2 features links to see what is available in both images -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

joshuawood99 wrote:

I am going through a series of fixed configuration Cisco 3550 swtiches and upgrading their IOS versions. I can get most of the IOS's that I need off of the cisco site via the switch downloads section. The problem that I have run into is that I do not know what the upgrade path is for the IOS c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-19.EA1c.

I have searched the internet in order confirm that the correct IOS version upgrade for this is c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin. I need to confirm, via some source, that the upgrade path for the IOS c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-19.EA1c to c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin is correct. The hardware is WS-C3550-24-EMI.

If anyone has any sources on which IOS is the correct one for upgrading can you post that info? Thanks to everyone who reads this!!!

Joshua

There is no "correct" IOS version upgrade as such. You choose which IOS you want based on features available and bugs in the IOS version ie. do any of the bugs apply to any features you are running.

Jon

Fair enough, I suppose what I want to know is that I am not loosing any features by going to the IOS version that I mention. Without going through each feature is there a way to know which IOS version is comparable in features?

joshuawood99 wrote:

Joshua

This is where Feature Navigator is really useful. Go to this page and then use the compare 2 features links to see what is available in both images -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Jon

That was what I was looking for, thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card