cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access Unity login page

prekojo
Level 1
Level 1

After our Unity server rebooted, I can't access the Unity (ver 7.1) login page.  The web browser just responses with the "Page Cannot be Displayed" error.  I am able to ssh to the server and access the CLI.  Looking at the CLI most services says "Started".  The Cisco Tomcat service says "Starting".  I have tired rebooting the server, but that did not help.

Any suggestion on what the problem may be?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you can SSH to the server, you have Unity Connection.  The Tomcat service being in a starting state would be the reason none of the pages will loaded.  It can take quite a while (up to 20 minutes or more) for Tomcat to start after reboot.  How long are you allotting after reboot for Tomcat?  Also, you can try to stop and restart the service directly from the CLI if it appears to be hung.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply. After a reboot I waited a good 20 minutes or so for the Tomcat service to start. I will wait a little while longer to see if that helps get the service going.

I also tried to stop and start the tomcat service but it does seem to want to stop. It appears to be stuck in a starting state. I believe last time I ran the stop command for the Cisco Tomcat service, the status just says Starting.

Thanks again,

Joe

What is the exact version you're running of CUC?

Hailey

Version 7.1.2.20000-2

Single server or cluster?

Single server.

Here would be my professional recommendation.  You likely aren't hitting any of the bugs for 7.1(2) but there are several Cisco Tomcat bugs in 7.1(2) and the ES releases as well.  If I were you, even if you get this working again in a few, I'd start looking at an upgrade to 7.1(3b)SU2 which I've found to be a very stable release in almost all of my customer environments.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: