Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Static Problem - Help

JacksonFO
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Good  Afternoon

Please I need help to try to  identify whether a situation is possible routing on a cisco 2610XM  router with IOS 12.3. My scenario and following  this route have two internet link of different operators and in this  case would like to connections originating from a particular network  returns by the same route and not by default the router. Ie have a link to the main entry and exit, where the  standard route internet comes and goes for it, and I have another link  that only receives connections on a given ip belongs to a remote Web  site and the connections of this entry server is  returning for another link. There is a way to  route the output by ip source of connection, that is an example:

The IP 200 200 200 200 (Default IP) originates and receives  connections
150 150 150 150 IP (IP Reserve)  Receives connections

Some connections go  through the ip 150 150 150 150 and they are left by the ip route pradao  200 200 200 200, and I would like them to return home through the ip 150  150 150 150 and not by the route pattern. Is that  possible? How?

Sure  of coloboração thank you. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jackson,

Normal routing routes solely based on destination IP address.

If you want to route based on source address or other factors, look for PBR (Policy Based Routing).

Federico.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jackson,

Normal routing routes solely based on destination IP address.

If you want to route based on source address or other factors, look for PBR (Policy Based Routing).

Federico.

Federico,

Excellent tip,  solved my problem.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card