Views
Helpful
Replies

EFM Internet service

joebucar52
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to help a client that is installing a new Internet connection.  The previous conection was a T1 via a Adtran Netvista 3200 to a Cisco ASA5505.  The new service is EFM Internet service to a Hatteras Networks HN 404-cp-1e-i.  The question that I have is can I re-configure the Cisco and connect to this device or do I need to put a router between the devices.

Thank You,

Joe

4 Replies 4

Hi,

You say:

'' The question that I have is can I re-configure the Cisco and connect to this device or do I need to put a router between the devices.''

The ASA only has Ethernet interfaces and can serve as a little router for static routes.

Besides this, I don't see any problems.

Do you know what options do you need?  To configure the ASA?

Federico.

Hello Federico,

Wow, Thank You for your quick response.  From my reading I believe that I should only change the IP address in the Vlan2 and the route outside address on the Cisco.  There is a Adtran router currently connected to the Cisco and from what I have been able to figure out the Hateras hn404 does not have routing capablities.

Thank You,

Joe

Joe,

Depending on the license, the ASA 5505 can run two or three routed interfaces. You can check the license with ''sh ver''

If it says base license you can only have two interfaces.

You can also route the traffic with a default gateway and static routes.

You should not have any problem, just remember that all interfaces on the ASA are Ethernet and you can have a single default gateway.

Federico.

Once again thank you.  I will check the version number when I get there tomorrow.

Joe