Views
Helpful
Replies

AP541N rack mount and antenna ports?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

Just had a quick couple of questions about the AP541N.  I'm first curious to know whether it is rack mountable.  It seems like the right size, but can't find anythign in the literature that would let me know whether it was rack mountable or not and whether it comes with the rack mount kit or not.

Secondly, I'm under the impression that the ports on the back of the AP541 are SMA ports, but I'm curious as to whether these are standard polarity, reverse polarity, and whether they are male or female.

Thanks in advance,

Seth

9 Replies 9

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Seth,

It is rack mountable.   That I can answer.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Do you know if the wings are included in the box or do they need to be ordered separately?

Thanks,

Seth

I am on the phone with MaryAnna right now, and she will post an accurate reply in a moment... :-)

Hi

The AP541N comes with a wall mount option (screws provided as well as template for proper mounting (reference the CD)), rubber feet for desktop, as well as the 3 antennas, ethernet cable, power supply. A separate SKU is available for ceiling mount. Note that the AP541N doesnt support rack mount since it wouldnt be recommended to place an access point in a rack in a closet somewhere for best wireless performance. I hope this helps...

Maryanna

Thanks maryanna...I got mine from the demo depot, which explains why ears were in my box.   A

demo lab perhaps was its past :-)

It does have hoels for it though, and I did rack it, but agree with you about the rational of not doing that :-)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. Fort his deployment, we actually were planning on rack mounting and running cables to external antennas.

1. Does the production model have holes for the rack mount kit?

2. Is it possible to purchase the rack mount kit separately?  If so, what is the SKU?

3. Any information on the RF port type (SMA, TNC, male/female, reverse polariy/normal polarity)?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

Hi,

The enclosure does support Rack Mount, we do not currently provide a rack mount kit for the AP541N, nor support for external antennas, we have not tested this scenario. Having said that, the rack mounting should work (same as SA 500 or ESW rack mounting kit). I will refer you to the Product Manager, I discussed with him your scenario and he will try to accommodate as much as possible. He will investigate putting a rack mount kit together but nothing is committed as of today.

Also as far as the antennas they are RP-SMA.

Thanks

Maryanna

Hi Maryanna,

Thanks for the info!  If a rack mount kit is available, will I be notified from this thread or is there a better way to find out?  Thanks in advance,

Seth

Hi Seth,

email me your contact info at mgundal@cisco.com, I will ask the PM to reach out to you directly.

Thanks for your patience

Maryanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: