cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 - Baseline Compliance jobs now failing

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

I have now started getting the following error when trying to run baseline comparison job:

In the Job Browser I get Unknown appearing in the Copliant/Depolyed Devices column, and Failed in the Status column.

When I clcik on the Unknown link, I get the Error: No compliance report available. Reason: Device(s) may not have any configurations archived.

This is a little puzzling as it used to work (until I started to resolve the issue of the Archive Purge job failing. See discussion RME 4.0.6 - Archive Purge not working)

The devices have at least 1 Startup config, and hundreds of Running configs archived.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Regards

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This log is not showing any real problems.  This is a normal startup of ConfigMgmtServer.  I also don't see how the job log could not be created if you were able to schedule a job.  Enable RME ConfigJob debugging, then run the job again.  See if the log is generated.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the dcmaservice.log and the job log for your compliance report to see what errors are found there related to this device/job.  You might also try restarting ConfigMgmtServer, then try this again:

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

Hi Joe,

Below is the entries from the dcmaservice.log for the job I just ran after restarting the ConfiGmgmtServer.

[ Thu May 27  16:55:55 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,35,publishing urn for archive.service
[ Thu May 27  16:55:56 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,42,published urn as archive.service-RMELogLevelChange
[ Thu May 27  16:55:56 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService,main,54,Initializing dummy IOSPlatform
[ Thu May 27  16:55:56 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService,,103,ArchivePath : D:\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma
[ Thu May 27  16:56:00 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.db.DatabaseConnectionPool,getConnection,59,Inside ICSDatabaseConnection, MAX_COUNT =20
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine,initDtMatcher,148,java.lang.Exception: inconsistent enumeration extension SFS_SW(63)java.lang.Exception: inconsistent enumeration extension SFS_SW(63)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.imageparser.ImageType.extendWith(ImageType.java:101)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedSwimSFS.Descriptor.g$init(Descriptor.java:26)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.dapi.DescriptorBD.init(DescriptorBD.java:70)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.initDtMatcher(SdiEngine.java:134)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.makeNewEngine(SdiEngine.java:86)
at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.getEngine(SdiEngine.java:73)
at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.cats.CATS.(CATS.java:83)
at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.ConfigManager.(ConfigManager.java:391)
at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService.(DcmaService.java:140)
at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService.main(DcmaService.java:72)

[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService,,145,Starting Baseline Migration
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaService,,149,Got
Instancecom.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator@13dd208
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,checkMigrationNeeded,281,No RESTORE Happening
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,checkMigrationNeeded,325,select count(name) from sysobjects where name in ('Config_BaseLine_Version','Config_New_BaseLine')
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,checkMigrationNeeded,345,COUNT (No. of Baseline tables present) :1
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,checkMigrationNeeded,361,The BaseLine Table does not Exists
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,doMigration,163,Check Migration result false
[ Thu May 27  16:56:24 NZST 2010 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.dcma.configmanager.DcmaBaselineTemplateMigrator,doMigration,225,Baseline Migration not needed

Also, the only entry in the job directory ..\CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\ArchiveMgmt\8628 is the job.obj.

Given the error that is in the log file, perhaps this is no surprise.

Regards

Jeff

This log is not showing any real problems.  This is a normal startup of ConfigMgmtServer.  I also don't see how the job log could not be created if you were able to schedule a job.  Enable RME ConfigJob debugging, then run the job again.  See if the log is generated.

Well, this is interesting. I made the change to the logging, and ran the job again and it started working!

I have changed the logging back to Inof, and reran the job, and it is still working.

I dont know if something else was going on, but for now the baseling jobs are working again.

Regards

Jeff