cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any MIB for "show isdn active" statistics in gateway?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to use the NMS to collect our T1 usage over the time. "show isdn active" can give me the current number of calls occuring in the gateway. Our gateways are 3845, 3825, 2811 service routers. Is there any MIB which can tell this statistics? I need load it into the NMS. Thanks a lot!!!

Lou

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB is probably your best bet, but it isn't fully supported on ISR platforms due to the triple interface numbering scheme.  The

object you found, cpmActiveDS0s, should work as should cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.  Depending on the PRI configuration, isdnBearerOperStatus may also be useful for you.

View solution in original post

Yes, in fact, there is an EEM policy already written to do this.  See http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=eem&fn=script&scriptId=2283 .  This will allow you to specify a regular expression to extract from the CLI output, then put that value into the EXPRESSION-MIB.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

bump!

I found 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0 oid can give me the total active calls. It is close but I need know every signal PRI's count. Still struggling to find this oid. No result yet.

The CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB is probably your best bet, but it isn't fully supported on ISR platforms due to the triple interface numbering scheme.  The

object you found, cpmActiveDS0s, should work as should cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.  Depending on the PRI configuration, isdnBearerOperStatus may also be useful for you.

Thanks a lot Joseph. cpmDS1ActiveDS0s seems only shows two PRI's active call number. We total have 4 PRI in 3845 gateway. As you said, that mib may not be supported in this gateway.  isdnBearerOperStatus does show all the PRI's channel status. If I can count it, it will work. The only thing is I'm not sure my network management system can do that calculation or not.

If you just need a raw total count, have a look at this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3017480

You can use the EXPRESSION-MIB to create an object with the total sum.  Your management application should have no problems polling this.

I need count number for each PRI. So EXPRESSION-MIB can do that? Thanks!!

Yes, the EXPRESSION-MIB can sum up the objects from a table, then present to you an integral count of the total.  The example in that thread should help you set this up.

Just finished the reading about that post. It's pretty helpful. My case is a little bit different from that post. Actually for the total active calls, I can just use cpmActiveDS0s to pull the total number in my 3845 gateway. That should be fine. If I want to pull the active call number for each PRI, the EXPRESSION could be complicated. The only oid I found related to different PRI active call is isdnBearerOperStatus. This oid can show me every PRI DS0 status. If it shows "4", that means active. So I need count all the "4" for each PRI. Here is the snmpwalk for this oid. You will see from .34 to .56 is one PRI. From .83 to .105 is 2nd one. .132 to .154 is 3rd. 181 to 203 is the last one. Counting the "4" for each PRI is not doable by using wildcard.... Maybe there is another better oid to pull each PRI status?

Thanks for the help!!!! Really appriciate it.

Lou

By the way, I just found that index for each DS0 is different on different gateway router. The other gateway's first PRI is .32 to .54. This makes my job more difficult....

cpmDS1ActiveDS0s in CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB only shows first two PRI status in my gateway. It is really weird. cpmActiveDS0s can tell total number of active calls but cpmDS1ActiveDS0s can only tell the first two PRI..

Yes, that's part of the problem with the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB on ISRs.  Unfortunately getting a count of DS0s in use per PRI will be difficult.  I haven't looked at the output of "show isdn active" in a while, but if it provides you an actual number, another option may be to use EEM to capture the CLI output, then configure the EXPRESSION-MIB with that count (on a per-PRI basis).

Thanks Joseph!!! I will look into EEM. So the idea is use EEM to regrep the count for each PRI and then store them in the EXPRESSION-MIB, right?

After reading EEM, I think I can use EEM to execute "show isdn status" every 30 seconds. Then capture the number for each T1. Then I need execute the snmp setup for EXPRESSION-MIB by "snmp mib ....". Get every 4 oid for each T1. Then my NMS can pull these 4 oid. Cool.

Yes, in fact, there is an EEM policy already written to do this.  See http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=eem&fn=script&scriptId=2283 .  This will allow you to specify a regular expression to extract from the CLI output, then put that value into the EXPRESSION-MIB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: