cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading catalyst 4500 sup 6L-E

Zaldy Biala
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to upgrade an existing Sup6L-E with a LAN base image to IP Base image of 12.2.53 SG.
I plan to purchase the IOS upgrade but can I perform the upgrade prior to purchasing the IOS upgrade?  I'd like to test the functionality prior to the purchase.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'd like to upgrade an existing Sup6L-E with a LAN base image to IP Base image of 12.2.53 SG.
I plan to purchase the IOS upgrade but can I perform the upgrade prior to purchasing the IOS upgrade?  I'd like to test the functionality prior to the purchase.

Thanks

Check out the below link for step by step procedure for ios upgarde in 4500 switches

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_example09186a00801461ef.shtml

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

The point behind my question was actually "can I upgrade the Sup from a LAN base IOS image to an IP base image without the a requried license for IOS upgrade"?  Is upgrading IOS to a more feature rich image still based on the honor system?  Will the upgrade interrupt in the middle of the upgrade and ask for a license key for the upgraded IOS image?

The point behind my question was actually "can I upgrade the Sup from a
LAN base IOS image to an IP base image without the a requried license
for IOS upgrade"?  Is upgrading IOS to a more feature rich image still
based on the honor system?  Will the upgrade interrupt in the middle of
the upgrade and ask for a license key for the upgraded IOS image?

Check out the below link for more information :-

http://www.ciscosystems.co.at/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/product_bulletin_c25-534149.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card