cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Chassis Number

terran0925
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having problems changing the ordering of the Chassis that the Fabric Interconnects

are acknowledging.

We have 2 Fabric Interconnects configured as a cluster and 2 Chassis.  I've rackmounted the 2 chassis one on top of another so I wanted the top chassis to be "Chassis 1" and the bottom to be "Chassis 2".  I noticed that the ordering was reversed in UCSM so I decommissioned both chassis and tried to just acknowledge the top chassis first but it's still coming up as "Chassis 2" even though the other one is still in the "decommissioned" state.  Is there a way around this?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

David Alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Terence -

There is not currently any supported way to reorder the chassis, even by decomissioning and rediscovering them.   Only a complete database erase would allow you to rediscover the chassis in the order you desire.

Several customers have simply re-racked the chassis to have them in the order they wished.

- Dave

Thanks David.  I ended up wiping the configuration of the clustered 6102 FI and attached the chassis 1 after another to get them numbers correct.  I hope Cisco puts in a way to do this in the software after the deployment in the future because those chassis' aren't easy to move around.

Hi Terence,

You can renumber the chassis now. Check the following document for the procedure to do that.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/1.4/UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_1_4_chapter38.html#task_7CE3D4DF1CEF42A2A7BE144FEDF8DAB5

I hope that helps.

-Shahed

It starts from Firmware 1.4(2).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card