Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller does not hear ring back on outbound PSTN call

DougVogel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have a site where users are not hearing any ring back when they dial a PSTN number.  They hear silence until the remote end picks up and see Ringout displayed on their phone.

Call Manager is on v 7.0.2

PSTN Gateway is a 3845 ISR running  Version 12.4(24)T2.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms or is there a suggested fix?  Please let me know any other info that would be helpful to diagnose.

Thank you

Doug

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Doug,

Try putting this in your pots dial peers

progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

hth

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Doug,

Try putting this in your pots dial peers

progress_ind setup enable 3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

hth

Rick

Hi Rick

Thanks very much for the help and quick reply!

I tried the progress_ind setup enable 3 and progress_ind alert enable 8 commands after receiving your response.  This did fix the ring back problem but the caller ID to the called party went from displaying the proper number to displaying an Unknown number.  After referencing the link you sent, I entered the following combination on pots dial peers:

progress_ind progress enable 8
progress_ind connect enable 8

All seems to be working now.  The site is in Europe, I will wait for more feedback.  But based on my testing here with an IP phone - things look better.

Thanks again

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: