Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer to Voice Mail

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity Connection Version 2.1.2

I was instructed to use these instructions to transfer a caller directly to someones voice mail - It does not work using the following steps.

Can someone suggest another way?

With a caller on the phone

Press the Transfer softkey

Dial *XXXX the four digit extension

Thank You

14 Replies 14

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Integrated with CUCM? Have you setup the proper voicemail profile/CTI route point?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

You can use 'DND' button and set the DND button pressed to 'call rejected' from phone, also set the 'call forward busy' to voicemail on line. It's tested for me and worked fine.

HTH.

I have some phones in call manager that this sequence does not work and some where it does work. The phones a re programmed the exact same and are in the same Partition and CSS so I am at a loss as to why they will not transfer.

With a caller on the phone

Dial *XXXX the four digit extension

What is the DN pattern you have configured on the CTI route point. For example, if you have *21XX, transferring to *2100 would work, but *2000 would not work.

Brandon

*XXXX

There might be multiple issues, like:

1. both types of phones are different device pool, one is having media resource (transcoder) registered, one is not. Your connected call is over G.729 and trying to reach the Unity Connection at G.711, but it's failing as this device pool doesn't have transcoder registered. And the other type phone are getting the transfer succeed as that DP has transcoder registered.

2. Try to register the phone first with PUB, second with SUB and have a try again, there might be dbreplication issue and your route pattern (transfer pattern in actual) is not being updated on other nodes, if this is the issue then fix the issue with 'utils dbreplication repair' command after 'utils dbreplication stop'

So far these two reasons are in my mind. HTH.

Both phones are using the same device pool. Like I said they are programmed identicle!

Let me ask you a basic question:  When you say that some phones "wont transfer" - what is the exact behavior you get for these extensions when you attempt to transfer them directly to voicemail using the star code/CTI route point?

Hailey

Tne number you have entered can not be dialed

Can you post the following:

1) Device level CSS of phone you are transferring FROM.

2) Line level CSS of phone you are transferring FROM.

3) Name of the partition a DN is in that you CAN transfer to via *XXXX.

4) Name of the partition a DN is in that you CANNOT transfer to via *XXXX.

5) The ordered list of partitions that are the Device level CSS and Line level CSS contain (assigned to the phone you are transferring FROM).

Screen shots are fine.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

1) Device level CSS of phone you are transferring FROM.

NONE

2) Line level CSS of phone you are transferring FROM.

RestrictCallerID-LongDistance_CSS

3) Name of the partition a DN is in that you CAN transfer to via *XXXX.

Local

4) Name of the partition a DN is in that you CANNOT transfer to via *XXXX.

Local

5) The ordered list of partitions that are the Device level CSS and Line level CSS contain (assigned to the phone you are transferring FROM).

I have it figured out. The CSS was the issue. When I changed it from RestrictCallerID-LongDistance_CSS to LongDistance_CSS which all the phones are on it worked.

Yeah, Bill and I were 100% percent certain you likely had a CSS issue or an overlap in the dial plan.  Some folks dont like to walk thru each step but I think it helps.  Good deal, glad you got it worked out.

Hailey

Please remember to rate helpful posts!

Thank You for the help. Going through the steps had had me let me solve the problem. Now I need to be able to have phones with the ResrictCallerID-LongDistance_CSS be able to transfer to phones with LongDistance_CSS

Then it is your dial plan.  Is the device CSS and line CSS the SAME  on a "known good" and "known bad" configuration?

Also, check this:

1. Route plan report.  Search for all patterns that begin with "*".  If they exist, you have an overlap (*XXXX will overlap with EVERY pattern with a leading "*")

2. Check DNA and analyse the same dialed string from "known good" and "known bad"

3. if none if this is getting you where you need to be, post your CM trace file.  Set the trace for Significant level, execute the test, retreive the trace, and post)

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: