Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing calls based upon ANI in H323

EDWARD GAWENDA
Level 1
Level 1

I need to re-route calls into my H323 gateway based upon

the ANI.  Can this be done?  I know you can block the calls but not sure if I can re-route them to a different extension.

6 Replies 6

Rick Arps
Level 4
Level 4

You can route calls on the incoming dial peer by matching using the 'answer-address'.  This will match the ani of the caller.  You can then use translation rules to change the called number within that dial peer.

Hope this helps

Rick

I cant seem to get it to work, no matter what phone I call from it matches the dial-peer and tran

slates.  Doesnt seem to look at the ANI at all when callign from 2 different phnoes with different ANI's.  Assume 6666 is the main number but I want any call from 1000 to go to 7717 and not 6666 and any other call to ring 6666.

Here is the config:

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /6666/ /7717/
!
!
voice translation-profile XfertoFax
translate called 1

!

!

dial-peer voice 12345 voip
translation-profile outgoing XfertoFax
answer-address 1000
destination-pattern 6666
session target ipv4:10.200.10.10
codec g711ulaw

It's not a match all, it's a match any.  If you have:

answer-address 1000
destination-pattern 6666
codec g711ulaw

It's going to match on the called number 6666 or the calling number 1000.

The matching order is:

1 - match incoming called number

2 - match answer address

3 - match destination pattern

Once you match a dial peer with one of these, it will route.  So you would need one dial-peer for each of your different answer addresses.

Also, this needs to be on the Incoming dial peer, I'm assuming this is coming from a pots line, so it would need to be on the pots dial-peer.

Hope this helps

Rick

This is a test gateway where I am calling in/out to IP Phones.  If I dial from my 2 phones, I match the appropriate incoming dial-peer but it seems to randomly choose one or the other dial-peer for outbound and translation and the translated number rings.  Not sure how I can force the dest-pattern for outgoing.

XfertoFax should be:  Dial 6666 --> 7617 if dialed from Ext.1000

Forward should be:  Dial 6666 --> 2000 if dialed from Ext 7263

Latest Config:

answer-address 1000
destination-pattern 6666
codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 54321 voip
translation-profile outgoing Forward
answer-address 7263
destination-pattern 6666
codec g711ulaw

Thanks for your input.

It sounds like it's matching on the destination-pattern which is the same on both.  Since you don't have a preference set, it's going to round robin between the two.

Note, you need to match on the answer-address on the incoming dial-peer.  Having it on the outgoing dial-peer won't do anything.  So match by the answer address and translate your called number both on the incoming dial-peer, then have two separate outgoing dial-peers to send the resulting pattern to your device.

Hope this helps

Rick

I was reading this wonderful discussion with the idea 'routing against calling#', let me have an input here. Think of two call-legs, one is incoming which will match your calling# and will change your called# by translation-rule, second is the outgoing dial-peer with the converted called#. So your configuration might look like below:

incoming call-leg

------------------------

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number .

answer-address 1111 !!! in case 1111 is the ANI

translation-profile incoming Xslate-Called-1

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /2222/

voice translation-profile Xslate-Called-1

translate called 1

!

outgoing call-leg (minimum configuration)

--------------------------------------------------------

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destinationation-pattern 2222

session target ipv4: x.x.x.x

!

But you have to create multiple dial-peers for individual calling# pattern.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: