Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3825

towerclear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Where is the IOS/bin file for the 3825 stored?  I know if there is a compact flash card loaded it can be stored there.  Can it be placed anywhere else besides the compact flash?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Roger,

As far as I know there is no internal flash for 3800 and 3900 series.  So the only place that the IOS can be located is in the compact flash card.

HTH

Reza

can files be hidden on the compact flash?

no, unless the CF is corrupted or there is some thing wrong with it that would cause it to hide a file.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It can be stored in the CF or the USB.  Can you tell us why you are asking these questions?  Maybe we can provide further information.

i have 2 cisco 3825 i am managing.  one is local that i can directly administer the other i have a body that acts as my eyes and hands. I wanted to update the IOS but before doing that i wanted to compare the information on the compact flash cards.  that's when i noticed the discrepancy in the contents between the two compact flash cards notably not seeing the bin file name on the compact flash card of the 3825 that i cannot directly manage.

Can you elaborate further on the discrepancies?  I am suspecting that one probably contains files for Cisco SDM and the other doesn't.  Make sure the IOS have the same file size and you can also run MD5 checks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card