NSS2000 and NSS4000 refusing connections.

Unanswered Question
May 26th, 2010

Greetings to everyone.

I have installed a NSS2000 and a NSS4000 in 2 different companies and transfered all their files into them. I'm having the same exact problem in both cases. Both companies have an ADS and there are about 10-15 PCs/users. Both NSSs have joined the domains and the setup is CIFS with the appropriate rights for users and folders. Specifically, in one of the two companies, there are only 2 folders shared (with many subfolders) with public rights for everyone. The problem is that, once a day or every two days, any connection to the shared folders is refused to the users and the only solution is to pull the plug and put it back again! During this connection refusal, I can ping the NSSs but can't access them through the web interface. When I examine the log files afterwards, they have logs after the powercycle, so I can't have any valuable information. Both NSSs have been upgraded with the latest firmware, twice. As I can imagine, the problem occurs when a number of concurrent sessions happens. I have read every discussion I could find in the support forum and tried almost everything. There is also a user in this forum that has (as far as I understand) the same problem with me, but didn't get any response. I have tried changing the CIFS timeout from 5 minutes to never to 2 minutes, with the same outcome. Tried rejoining the domain and played with almost every setting there is on this 2 boxes. No, improvement at all. I think I have reached a dead end and I'm really frustrated because my customers feel frustrated at the solution I proposed to them.

Any suggestion would be very helpful, because as long the problems exists, I can no longer suggest this boxes for any future buy.

Thank you in advance.

Marios

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion