Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Image for ASA 5540

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

WE just bought ASA this week, its current version is 7.0. Just want to your opinion/suggestion on what is the most stable IOS for my ASA based on your own experienced and cisco security advisory. Im planning to upgrate it into a higher version since my current PIX is running on 7.2(2) without problem. Im going to configure site-to-site VPN, EZVPN, H323 and SIP traffic. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

8.0.5 is pretty stable without major issues.

8.2.2 is also stable, with more features and has been out for some time.

Since you are starting now though, maybe 8.3 should be your choice since it has some major CLI syntax changes but also many features.

8.0.5 and 8.2.2 are equally stable and mature I would say.

8.3.1 is good enough with many features and changes.

Your choice...

The release notes for the versions are http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_release_notes_list.html

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

8.0.5 is pretty stable without major issues.

8.2.2 is also stable, with more features and has been out for some time.

Since you are starting now though, maybe 8.3 should be your choice since it has some major CLI syntax changes but also many features.

8.0.5 and 8.2.2 are equally stable and mature I would say.

8.3.1 is good enough with many features and changes.

Your choice...

The release notes for the versions are http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_release_notes_list.html

I hope it helps.

PK

Hi Sir PK,

Thank you so much, I'll choose 8.2.2 for my ASA. I can now start upgrading my box.

Warm Regards,

Jong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: