Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x - Exchange 2007 - Windows Server 2008

Hello my friends,

I'm implementing the Unity 5.x in a server Windows Server 2008 SP1 with Exchange 2007. When I got running the Cisco Install (CUInstall.exe), I select the language and receive the error message:

"Unable to continue setup. An unknown error has occurred.

Exit the setup and try again"

Sometimes I try again and receive other error message:

"The installation is not complete. You should run the this setup procedure again in its entirety."

Somebody else already receive this messagen when implement the Unity Server 5.x

Thank you

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See my answer to your previous post.  This OS is not supported for Unity 5x installations.  See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/requirements/50cusysreq.html#wp471645.

Hailey

Ok,

Other questions, you known how I can install Unity 5.x and point to other Exchange 2007 in my network? I will install the Unity 5.x in Windows Server 2003 and register on Exchange 2007 that installed in other server.

You know how I can make it?

Thank you

You need have the Unity server be a member of the same domain as the Exchange 2007 server.  When you run the install and set permissions, etc.  It will ask you to choose a Partner Server and you do that at that time.

Have you read the Installation Guide for 5x?  If not, now is a good time to do so.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

So I don't need install the Exchange 2007 in the same Unity 5.x server, right?

No, rarely do you see co-resident  installs of Unity and Exchange anymore.  You just need to make sure that  the Exchange 2007 server you partner with has the mail server role  installed on it.  On the Unity Server, you will still install the  Exchange 2003 system management tools (required).

Hailey

Please  remember to rate helpful posts!

So, I need install Exchange 2003 system management tools only? Any configuration is required?

Basic configuration.  You need to  read the installation guide from top to bottom before you proceed.  All  of these requirements are highlighted there.  I have done a lot of work  with Unity and Unity Connection and you will not have a successful  install without having read the documentation - particularly the  installation guide.  I can't say it any better than that.

Find the  install guide that matches your scenario - i.e., Exchange w/o Failover,  Exchange w/Failover.

Everything you need to know is there.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/correct_ig/5xcuigcrct.html

Hailey

Please rate  helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: