Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE Cisco 877

Javi Benito
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WAN line with 3Com Router and I want to change this router for one Cisco 877. The parameters of line are these:

VPI/VCI  8/48

Encapsulation LLC

Protocol PPPoE

Authentication : chap or pap (i don't know) User and password are plain text.

NAT: Disable. NAT is done by Firewall.

WAN IP: automatic

LAN IP: IP public static.

I've already configured router but I don't know if the configuration is all right. I attach it.

It's ok?

Best Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Authentication,Routing looks ok.

you try connecting the same and let us know here.

Also if you have some production (working) traffic on the circuit you can try out doing this test after off peak/production hours.

regds

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Javi

do u have any specific reason to configuring the specific mtu size under the dialer0 interface ?

I have seen the below config as the working configs in few locations.

int vlan1

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

ip virtual-reassembly

int di0

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

ip mtu 1492

ip virtual-reassembly

if you need to have the specific mtu size and mss would suggest not to change, else pls try with the above config and check.

regds

Ok I´ll change it.

The rest of the config it's ok (authentication, acl, routing, etc)?

Authentication,Routing looks ok.

you try connecting the same and let us know here.

Also if you have some production (working) traffic on the circuit you can try out doing this test after off peak/production hours.

regds

Hi,

I've changed 3com router by cisco 877 and doens't work. Led "CD" of Router cisco is blinking. What is the meaning? is not compatible with type of the line?

regards,

javi

Hi newly,

ISP confirm me that cisco 876 router is not compatible then CD is blinking. ISP's told me that the correct router is cisco 876 because is a ADSL 2+ „ANNEX B“.

I would like to know if the configuration that I have in my 877 is the same with 876 router or I have to change some parameters.

Best Regards,

Javi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card