cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can you know how many memory modules are installed in a Cisco 7200?

Hello,

We recently installed 2 new memory modules, replacing the old ones. I need to know if our Cisco 7200 is recognizing them, but I just can get the total amount of memory installed/used. Is there any way to know separately how much memory is each of the memory modules giving by command line? I could not find any command for that.

Thanks so much in advanced.

4 Replies 4

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

If you have installed the new memory, why not opening the case and see how many are there. You just said that there are 2 modules. If there are both recognized, that the total amount of memory is number of modules multiplied by the available memory per module.

In regard to the command to show the occupied memory slots, I don't know if such thing exist (never used it) , but I'll look for it.

Hello Calin,

The point is that we cannot swith off the 7200, as they are in use in a client, so we can´t check the case directly. There are 2 memories installed, but I am not sure if both are being recognized. If just one of them is being recognized, I guess we should get some kind of error indicating the fact that only one memory is installed in the equipment. As Cisco says, both slots must be populated.

I didn´t find a command for that as well.

Thanks for your answer.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carolina,

If you are trying to determine how much memory you have installed, issue "sh ver" and add up the 2 numbers together (see below) that is you total amount of memory you have installed

Example:

cisco RSP4 (R5000) processor with 65536K/2072K bytes of memory

For more info refer to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_tech_note09186a00800fb9d9.shtml

HTH

Reza

Hello Reza,

We saw how much memory I installed with "sh vers" command and it is 512MB, but we want to be sure that there are two modules of 256 working, and not two modules of 512 but one of them not working at all.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card