Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice-Mail Customization

dolgoteslo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to ask how to change, if possible, the voicemail prompts. For example: ""You have no new messages" ... I would like to change those prompts into a different language.

There is no language support for my country(Slovenia) for voicemail but i want to make prompts in slovenian so that my system can be user friendly.

Any suggestion how to do that?

Thanks for you answers,

Greetings.

6 Replies 6

dolgoteslo
Level 1
Level 1

More info:

I use Cisco Unity Express 3.0.3 on UC500. Call Manager Express is version 4.2

Unfortunately there is no real way to do this.  We do not provide any tools for modifying the system prompts for CUE, and as far as I am aware, there aren't any plans to do so in the immediate future.  Sorry I don't have any better news for you.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

What are the chances of having professional recordings done for that language, providing them to Cisco, and then the Dev team having that packaged up as a language pack?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Excellent question.  I'll have to speak to the product manager for CUE to get his thoughts.  The problem with this approach though is that it is not just about getting the initial recordings done, but also about maintaining them whenever changes are made as features are added or changed.  So it becomes an ongoing cost to someone - usually Cisco.  So we always need to balance out what funding is available for translation verses the potential or actual number of installations that exist in a given country.

I'll speak to the product manager and see what he says, but I want to be sure that I set realistic expectations here.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I'll speak
 to the product manager and see what he says, but I want to be sure that
 I set realistic expectations here.

Of course, i would be building up any unrealistic expectations, I just figured if I don't ask the question I may never know the answer

The problem with this approach though is that it is not just about getting the initial recordings done, but also about maintaining them whenever changes are made as features are added or changed.  So it becomes an ongoing cost to someone - usually Cisco.

I fully understand this statement, this would be the case if it was to be put up in the public domain and for everyone to be able to download them and use them, naturally this would be the path that Cisco would want to take, however though there is this part of the community that Cisco can leverage talent from, not everything has to be at the cost of Cisco, I think sometimes your VAR's may get underestimated about how devoted they can be to the Cisco cause, and to what ends they will go to ensure their customers are satisfied/serviced

Anyway i appreciate you even considering taking this to the development team.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I have excatly the same problem with my language; Finnish, and I wondered if there was some way to record own messages and upload them to our own system, as far as the localization of messages is not possible...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: