cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 QuickVPN certificates

arilindvall
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently set up an RVS4000 router and successfully configured a VPN client for it. I have been trying to find some more details about the use of certificates. For this one account and client I have generated a certificate file for the QuickVPN client with the default name (RVS4000_Client.pem) and saved it to C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business\QuickVPN Client\ directory as described in the manual. All seems to work fine.

My question is: Is it possible to use different certificates for different profiles in the QuickVPN client? If so, is there some significance with the names of the certificate files? I am thinking about installing several routers to occasionally access several sites for maintenance purposes from a couple of laptops used by service personnel. Do I have to use the same certificate for all devices?

Ari

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

>My question is: Is it possible to use different certificates for different profiles in the QuickVPN client?

Yes.

>If so, is there some significance with the names of the certificate files?

Since all the certificates should be placed under the same directory, the file names have to be unique.

>Do I have to use the same certificate for all devices?

It's recommended to have different certificates for different QuickVPN Servers.