CIscoworks Assistant 1.2
Windows Server 2008
When attempting to configure CiscoWorks Assistant (CWA) for the first time, CiscoWorks Server (CWS) hangs at "collecting existing server information." After error message appears (posted below), CWA configuration fails and I have to restart the whole process over and again in an infinite loop.
CWA0: Could not fetch the error message from the database.
CWA database engine may not be running.
Check if the OpsxmlDbEngine (Common Services > Server > Admin > Processes) is running. If the process is not running, restart the process and please try again.
Fix Actions Taken to This Point:
- Validated services listed in error output were started
- Restarted server
- Restarted CWS
- Attempted uninstall of CWA
- In order to remove CWA, Common Services also has to be removed along with its dependency.
- In attempt to uninstall Common Services, error message states all LMS tools requiring Common Services leading to a virtual full uninstall of CWS
- Attempted to use CWS install disk to reinstall CWA
- First point of reinstall includes a full backup of existing CWS and settings, which fails each time
- Attempted upgrade of CWA to 1.4
- Perl file involved does not execute upon invoke via command prompt... just hangs at blinking cursor
Thanks for any and all help!