cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Rules For URLs

craigbohon
Level 1
Level 1

I need to setup my firewall to allow a DMZ server to connect to a site via the URLs.  My DMZ server constantly polls a site (url) for updates and the IP addresses and subnetworks constantly change.  The company stated that this is standard practice and they can't tell me what the subnet will be at any given time or the range of subnets.  on my rule right now i have my DMZ server setup to go to 8 different subnets and i still failed on updates because the subnet/ip address changed to a subnet i didn't have in my rule.  Is there a way to setup the ASA so that i can put a URL in my access rule?

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

craigbohon wrote:

I need to setup my firewall to allow a DMZ server to connect to a site via the URLs.  My DMZ server constantly polls a site (url) for updates and the IP addresses and subnetworks constantly change.  The company stated that this is standard practice and they can't tell me what the subnet will be at any given time or the range of subnets.  on my rule right now i have my DMZ server setup to go to 8 different subnets and i still failed on updates because the subnet/ip address changed to a subnet i didn't have in my rule.  Is there a way to setup the ASA so that i can put a URL in my access rule?

Craig

Have a read of this document and see if it helps -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080940c5a.shtml

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card