cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection install question

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer currently on Unity voicemail only going to unity connection. since the existing is a simple config i wont be using COBRAS, but rather manually configuring their new system. Is it possible to build the unity connection out in my staging versus waiting to go to customer site as such when installing unity?

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

When you build a Unity Connection server it will check for the availability of DNS and NTP servers but you can tell it to ignore failures.

After installing the OS you can install any localisations and begin the configuration. However you will now need to think about how you provision users. The options are:

1. Manually define them
  2. Import from CUCM
  3. Import from LDAP

The latter two would need to be done on site. You also need to be on-site to integrate with the phone system and configure services such as integration with Exchange email and calendaring etc.

If I were in your position I would maybe install the OS and localisations off-site and the perform all the config on site. I sometimes do this and use an IOS router to respond to the DNS and NTP checks - only takes two minutes to configure.

If you plan to use DNS, it is best to set up some sort of access to this during staging...whether it be temporary or production.  You can always change the IP address of the DNS server after the fact.

Hailey

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kiru,

Just to add a note to the great, great tips from James and Hailey +5 points

to both of you here!)

Just to verify, we built our current production system in the lab far ahead of rolling it out

for our users. One other method (that we used) for the manual configuration was to build a

.csv and use BAT to populate the user dB.

Cheers!

Huff

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone. our cucm will also be instaging so i can connect to that and we will have a switch with their proposed IP's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: