cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC520 & ASA Configs, Hosted in Data Center, All Phones Remote w/SSL VPN

NISSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

I've attached configurations for a UC520 phone system and Cisco ASA 5510 firewall where the system is colo'd at a data center and no users connect directly to the phone system over the LAN.

Summary Points:

• The Cisco UC520 phone system sits in a data center with a 10Mbps Internet feed.
  • All users on this phone system are remote users connecting with Cisco IP Communicators and Cisco SPA-525G phones.
  • Every user on the system connects their PC, laptop, or SPA525G phone by first initiating an SSL VPN connection.  The SSL VPN sessions terminate on a Cisco ASA 5510 firewall
  • The Cisco ASA 5510 firewall was used to terminate SSL VPN sessions to get around the limit of 10 VPN tunnels on the UC520.   Purchased a 25-user SSL VPN license for the ASA.
  • No users are located at the data center where the system resides.

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Neil;

Thanks for sharing this, very interesting. How many phones are plugged on the system?

Regards

Alberto

We have 20-25 extensions running on it.  I cleaned up the config a little prior to posting it.

I will bookmark this. Excellent post.

iodincorporated
Level 1
Level 1

Just found this post and will be stealing as much as I can of it.    Looking at hosting some phones remotely, most on site, but also behind an ASA because of all of the tunnel needs.

Thank you!

-Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: