allow-connections sip to sip
no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily
no supplementary-service sip refer
fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through g711ulaw
h323
call service stop
sip
registrar server expires max 3600 min 120

I can register 255 with softphone but when I try to use Mobility 8.0 I recieve : "Voicemail service unavailable on this server" message. I checked with CCA and could not see 255 extension on voicemail.  What must be the configuration. A sample config would be very good

7 Replies 7

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Where did you get a phone load or do you need one? My systems says it can't find the phone load.

Thanks,

Bob

Can you use Mobility 8.0 iPhone with CME 8.0.2??   Mobility 8.0 says it is only

for Call Manager? 

How do you go about implementing this?   

Not sure mobility 8.0 supports CME or not.  Can you give me link?

This config was for IPhone Siphone.

David is correct - Cisco Mobility is not supported with CME.  In addition, not only is it not supported, but it is unlikely to work as CME and CUCM use different APIs to interface with applications.  We do understand the need for a mobile client for integration with CME, and it is something that we are looking at, but there is nothing that I can share at this point.

Cheers,

Dave.

I got very excited for a minute.     Would be currious to know who makes the decisions on making this work for CME.  Seams like it would be a prudent use of the investment in Mobility 8.0 to make it cross platform to CME.  Put in a good word for me  :).   I would even be willing to send a case of beer to the develper (thier choice).

One issue we have is that SNR does not work well in blast groups becouse of the risk of a mobile users voicemail grabing the call should it float out of service for a moment (AT&T this is very common).   This seams like great way to truly connect mobile users.

I took some time today to set up the iPhone with L2TP to our Soincwall gateway to see how that VPN component would work.   The good news is that the VPN client in the iPhone does work over both WiFi and 3G and should support G711u for throughput.   The only issue I see is that the L2TP iPhone client does not automaticaly connect.   The user would need to go in and turn on VPN quite often when going in and out of wifi spots or when comming out of a locked state on the iPhone.   No serious 3rd party VPN client tools in the apple app store to solve this issue either.

If a user is always within a wifi area than just take a 7925G with them and skip the mobility 8.0 cleint all together (seams like a novity item) .  If the iPhone VPN client gets enhancements (like auto connect or dead peer detecton) possible in the 4.0 OS release this summer that this is a home run solution.

I think Cisco needs to Buy Skype and Microsoft need to buy Facebook.   Together cisco and micorosft would rule the world.

Cisco.  Love the Features  hate the Function!

Certainly adding support for CME into the mobility software is one option we are considering, but there are other options as well, and we are not at a point where we are ready to share any more details.  In the meantime, we are also looking at enhancements for SNR and a few other options.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks for the replies. I will look for 3rd party sip client for Iphone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: