Views
Helpful
Replies

call back facility with IVR

dinesh joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Please let us know if it possible to configure call back option in IVR. If any person calls in contact center and agents are busy, IVR should proivde the

prompt for call back.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

kindly provide us with the name and version of the product you are referring to.

The term "IVR" is vague.

Next, what are you trying to achieve? It is really easy to configure a routing script both in ICM and/or UCCX to play a prompt to the customer if all agents are busy.

For example, in ICM you may configure a Select node connected to a Queue node with the skill groups you are trying to route the incoming call to. If the flow continues on the fail exit of the Select node, you may route the call to an external script in IVR/CVP that would play a prompt.

You can be even more specific using an If node taking a look

In UCCX you can use the Get Statistics step.

G.

Hi,

Thanks for prompt response. Cisco ipivr 7.0 with icm 7.5 we are using.

The requirment is that if any person call in contact center and all the agents are busy. IVR should prompt the call back option and collect the contact no from the calling person. Later on when any agent get free he should call back to that person on given no.

I am not getting understand that where to store that contact no of calling person to call back and how agent will come to know they need to call the person back.

Regards,

Dinesh Joshi

Hi Dinesh

Without outbound option, you have callback functionality.But not with inbound call to Agent.

This is available with CVP8.0 and ICM 8.0

But you can acheive this by using Outbound option along with database insertion.

Lets say, you have outbound option only for callback. So, when Agents are not available, using IVR, you collect the information from customer when agents aren't available and customer do not want to wait. Once those informations are collected, you can manually insert these into outbound dialers personal call back list table (check the outbound dialers documentation). I am assuming that you are familiar how to collect customer information and database insert via ICM scripting.

And outbound will schedule the callback accordingly.

I haven't tested this, just giving you some idea to test with.

Thank you

- abu

as per my understanding i need to collect user information in ICM database and later on agents will collects that information manually for calling back.

It is far better to prompt the caller for the number they wish to be called back on for a number of reasons.

1. They may want to provide their mobile number and not the current number.

2. They may be masking the current CLID at the moment and ICM cannot know it

3. (most important) Extracting the info from the RCD, TCD is not allowed in real-time or pseudo real-time. You are supposed to offload the RCD/TCD to another DB to query it, although many break this rule.

Better to put it in your own DB with the IVR (insert) then you can do what you like with the info.

We have discussed similar things a few times. You could try using the search function.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: