cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 me upgrading IOS

waveworks
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to upgrade the ios to c3750me-i5k91-mz.122-54.SE.bin. Using tftp it just timesout straightaway. I have removed the existing IOS so there is enough space in flash.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

If you have a timeout issue there, then it's better to check if you have reachability with the tftp server. If you have connection that from what source IP?

It might be that you have to set the "ip tftp source-interface..." command in your config so that tftp process to know from where to send packets.

Again, check for ACL that might disturb your traffic.

If all this does not work, try to access the tftp server from another location and see if the service is running properly.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

If you have a timeout issue there, then it's better to check if you have reachability with the tftp server. If you have connection that from what source IP?

It might be that you have to set the "ip tftp source-interface..." command in your config so that tftp process to know from where to send packets.

Again, check for ACL that might disturb your traffic.

If all this does not work, try to access the tftp server from another location and see if the service is running properly.

Let me know if this helps!

Im using a laptop directly connected and there no access

-lists. The download starts but straightaway I get
'00..'

I know that it may sound stupid, but do you have an IP address on the laptop? Can you ping over the p2p subnet switch - laptop?

How it's the interface on the switch configured? Layer 2 access and you have a SVI interface for L3 address or the physical interface is a L3 one?

Please give some more details so we are able to help.

Calin

Yep the laptop has an ip in the same range. The switch ip is configured on the vlan interface (SVI)

Than it should work if you have reachability. What I can suggest more is Wireshark or other capture software on the PC and check what is coming in from the switch. See if you have any requests there and if you do, does the tftp server replies to them?

Dan,

Also check to make sure your laptop does not have any antivirus/firewall software on it that blocks tftp (port 69).

HTH

Reza

Yep the laptop has an ip in the same range. The switch ip is configured on the vlan interface (SVI)

If pc is directly connected with switch and able to ping then as suggested by Reza check out for antivirus installed in your laptop which can be the cause for blockage.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card