WUSB54GC Windows 7 64 bit Not Working (Oh the horror!)

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2010

Hello Cisco! Last month I bought a Wireless USB adapter from a different company which didn't work on my PC (Windows 7 64 bit), however it did work on my other PC which uses the same Operating System (and is also 64 bit). I did a bit of Googling and was recommended your WUSB54GC Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter.

I finally got round to purchasing it yesterday, and annoyingly I have the same problem with this as I did with the other one. It works on one of my Windows 7 64 bit computers, but not the one I actually want it to work on!

However, I believe there is a light at the end of this tunnel as (unlike the previous adapter), the LED on the USB stick itself actually comes on on this one...

Running the installation disk gave me an error telling me that the driver was not successfully installed. I decided to download the 64 bit driver and attempt to manually install it - however when doing that I was told that my driver software was up to date.

I then uninstalled the driver entirely and tried to manually install it from scratch. It installed some of the stuff successfully but still gave an error that it didn't install correctly.

In my Network Connections, I have this:

Untitled.png

When I attempt to enable it, the "Enabling..." popup appears and goes away instantly (without Enabling the device).

From looking into my System32 folder, it seems the files it didn't successfully install were netr28ux.cat, netr28ux.inf and netr28ux.sys. RaCoInst.dat and RaCoInstx.dll have seemingly installed fine.

I moved the missing files into the System32 folder but that didn't change anything.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to work?

Oh, my PC is a Novatech Elite (technical specs can be found: here).

Thanks in advance!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker