Cisco ACE 4710 Connection Figures skewed

Answered Question
May 28th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

I am doing some fairly basic loadbalancing with sticky connections based on source IP.  If I do a show Serverfarm XXX command I can see 80 connections going to one server and 890 going to another.

Now if I do a show conn rserver XXX-1 serverfarm XXX | count

show conn rserver XXX-2 serverfarm XXX | count

I can see 165 connections going to the first server and only 9 going to the second.

This sounds about right for the first server considering the in and out connections.  But the second server has me confused with the number showing.  I have tried the clear conn for that rserver but the figure seems to hover around 890 - 900.  Load balancing is Round Robin at the moment.

The second server is functioning ok as I can access it when bypassing the loadbalancer.

We have rebooted the second server and even when the probe-failed status was showing for the server, the current connections from the Show Serverfarm XXX command still showed around the 890 mark.

Has anybody seen this before and know of a way to reset this counter?

Cheers

Brian

Correct Answer by Gilles Dufour about 7 years 1 month ago

we had several issues in the past with the count of active connections in 'show serverfarm'.

Could you test the latest version and if the problem persists open a service request with the TAC to report the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks.

Gilles

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Gilles Dufour Tue, 06/01/2010 - 00:51
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

we had several issues in the past with the count of active connections in 'show serverfarm'.

Could you test the latest version and if the problem persists open a service request with the TAC to report the problem so we can fix it.

Thanks.

Gilles

Brian O'Flynn Tue, 06/01/2010 - 04:03
User Badges:

Thanks Giles, it is good to know I wasn't going crazy looking at those figures.  Will plan the upgrade.

Cheers

Brian

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content