Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 Wallboard Queries and Permissions

marks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure if anyone is activly using UCCX 8 yet but i have a question.

When trying to access the AgentStateDetail and Resource tables all i get is a permissions error. This is using the uccxwallboard user.

You can still access the RT tables as before with no issues.

I am guessing cisco have limited this and i need to know how to add select permisions on all tables for the uccxwallboard user.

Is this possible?

22 Replies 22

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way you had access to those tables pre-8.0 is that you (or someone else) manually change SQL permissions, which is not supported.  Given that 8.0 is on linux/informix, this is no longer possible to do, and therefore you lost access to these tables.

Here is one way of changing access for a user in 7.0 and lower, for the curious:

osql -E -S IPCCSRV\CRSSQL -Q "USE db_cra EXEC sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader', 'IPCCSRV\CiscoWbUsr'"

Replace you server name and user account as required.

Also, your UCCX questions will gain more visibility in the Contact Center forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/contact-center?view=discussions

When you user the uccxhruser account as specified in the historical reporting guide you gain access to the other t

ables you need...procedure as below.... good luck !

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Select the Connection tab. In the sever name field, enter the instance name of Informix server of the set up. The instance name is ‘the host name of UCCX ‘ + ‘underscore’ + ‘uccx’. For example, if the host name of UCCX server is ‘Uccx_n1’ then the IDS instance name will be ‘Uccx_n1_uccx’. In the host name field, enter either host name or IP address of UCCX server. In service field, enter 1504 which is the TCP port number. In the ‘Protocol’ field, choose ‘onsoctcp’. In the database field, enter ‘db_cra’ which is the database name that stores historical data. In the userId field, enter ‘uccxhruser’ which is the default Historical Reporting user. The password for this user can be set at ‘Password Management’ page of the Unified CCX Administration web interface. The password 4-3 Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Historical Reporting Administrator and Developer Guide, Release 8.0(1) Chapter 4 Creating Custom Historical Reports for Cisco Unified CCX Creating a Report

management page appears under ‘tools’ menu of appadmin. In the password field of ODBC Driver set up page, enter the password which is set at ‘Password management page’ by administrator. Click

Apply & Test connection.

Select the Environment tab. Select the Use Server Database locale check box. Ensure that the entry for Fetch Buffer size field is 32767. If default entry is other than 32767, then manually change it to 32767. Click Apply.
The ODBC Driver Setup window is displayed. Enter a unique DSN name. Enter a suitable description. Click Apply.
The Create New Data Source window is displayed. From the list of available data sources, select IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER. Click Finish.
Click on Add to create a new dsn.
Select the System DSN tab. ODBC Data Source Administrator window is displayed.
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources.

Step 8

Ensure that the Test Connection was successful message is displayed. You can view the newly created DSN in the list of DSNs. Close the window.

Hi,

Is there a way to find out which tables are still accessible for queries and which are not (need extra permission which is no longer allowed in v8)?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi JT,

I hope this sheet bellow will help you:

db_cra table

Selectable

agentconnectiondetail

ok

agentroutingsetting

agentstatedetail

ok

application

ok

areacode

ok

campaign

ok

campaigncsqmap

ok

configlog

configschema

configschemacolumn

configseed

contactcalldetail

ok

contactqueuedetail

ok

contactroutingdetail

ok

contactservicequeue

ok

crapublicationarticles

crareplicationretentionping

crareplicationstate

crsapplication

crsgroup

crsproperties

crstrigger

crsuser

currentactiveprofile

dbinfo

debugflag

ok

dialinglist

ok

dtproperties

eemactiveemail

ok

eemcontactemaildetail

ok

eememailagentstatedetail

ok

eememailstatusdescription

ok

eemqueueagentdetail

ok

eemqueueemaildetail

eemreasoncodedescription

ok

eemstatedescription

ok

eemtablesversion

ok

enginestatus

historicalusers

latestsynchedtime

migrationinfo

migrationstatusdetail

monitoredresourcedetail

ok

nextcsqid

nextcsqrecordid

nextresourcegroupid

nextresourceid

nextresourceskillmapid

nextrmonuserid

nextskillgroupid

nextskillid

nextsupervisorid

nextteamcsqmapid

nextteamid

productinfo

profileidmapping

purgeconfig

remotemonitoringdetail

ok

resource

ok

resourcegroup

ok

resourceskillmapping

ok

rmoncsqconfig

rmonresconfig

rmonuser

ok

rtcsqssummary

ok

rticdstatistics

ok

skill

ok

skillgroup

ok

spokenname

sqllogging

supervisor

ok

systemconfig

systemconfigcolumn

team

ok

teamcsqmapping

workflowtask

looks great ...

but how can you selected the table from db_cra ????

as this is uccx8 not 7 . and for uccx7 you select all of the table from sql .. so how can can you do that on UCCx8 ?

thanks

Unfortunately there is no such builtin possibility to browse the tables like with MSSQL Enterprise Manager or Query Browser was comming with MSSQL Enterprise that was comming with a Premium licensed UCCX 7.x or prior. Morover, the programatical access trough ODBC from a windows host was given as the  Windows operating system comes with MSSQL odbc driver by default.

In case of UCCX 8 the used db system is Informix.

If you want to access it you have to install the proper driver on the accessing PC.

You can download it from here an AP for the proper operating system:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?rs=ifxdl

The package contains ODBC driver for informix, and c++ library for native access as I remember. The package is free.

Unfortunately the JDBC driver for informix is not free.

You can setup an ODBC connection for example, and trough that you can query the table from your application.

If you just want to browse the tables, there are a bunch of sql tools on the market supporting informix. I am sure you can find the proper one.

Hope this helps you.

Lorant

I've used http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

And the IBM informix jdbc driver

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/preconfig.jsp?id=2010-03-03+12%3A55%3A24.476403R&S_TACT=104CBW71&S_CMP=

But as previous stated, IBM notes on the download page that it is a "trial" driver with limited features and not meant for production. I have no clue what the real driver costs..

I've used AGS Server studio to connect to informix: http://www.serverstudio.com/  You can use it to view the permissions on each object and also create stored procedures and other database objects.  This has a 30day limit.

Another option is IBM Data Studio which is based on eclipse and it's free.  This too will let you connect and manage the informix database: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/

dynacare1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First thanks a lot for the post and instructions. I spend few hours but I am able to make the connection.

Now the problem I am having is refreshing the page. I have set "RefreshTime = 10" and in "Real Time Snapshot Writing Configuration for Wallboard" its set to 10 seconds.

First time the page shows fine but then after 10 seconds I get

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Open the                 192.168.13.238 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

We have UCCX 8.0.2 and I used IBM Informix in ODS System DSN.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Dynacare1

I had same issue cannot get agent table display ..

so can you share your agent .asp file to me ?

Thanks

dynacare1
Level 1
Level 1

Got it working now, I had wrong data source for Agent and ICD stats.

Thanks for the post.

Hi  dynacare1,

I just found your message that  your wallboard is working with UCCX 8 server.   I have UCCX8.02 and try to use Symon board.   We can get connection between UCCX8 and Symon board but we received "The parameter is incorrect" and "Login failed. Catalog information cannot be retrieved" error message.

Can you advise what we can do to Symon board to be working?  We use uccxwallboard as the user ID.... 

Thank you,

Nana

Hi all,

My customer is using UCCX 8.5.1 in HA>

We are trying to map reason codes to reason code descriptions to display them on a Wallboard and we are looking in the table:

eemreasoncodedescription

We have managed to connect to the database to get reporting statsistics. However whenever we run the following query, we get 0 results back:

Select * from EEMReasonCodeDescription

The user we are using is: uccxhruser  as per the “Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 8.5(1) Historical Reporting Administrator and Developer Guide"

However when I look at the "Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 8.5(1)", this guide mentions that we should be using uccxwallboard on page 491.

My question is has anyone used either of these users to successfully retrieve data from a UCCX 8.0 or 8.5? If so which user did you use and was there anything else required to gain access to the eemreasoncodedescription table?

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiarash

Kiarash, The EEM part of the table refers to the optional email tables and is not the table used for the reasoncodes…..

Jeroen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: