cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting static IP address

sheureka2442
Level 1
Level 1

I just had to buy a new modem, and the only thing I could find was a Netgear. I've had the WET200 for several years and it's worked very, very well for me. But now, for the first time, I have to reconfigure it. And I realize I have no idea how to do it. I've spent the last 10 hours trying to set up a static IP address on any of my computers, and the end result has been one of my laptops won't connect to the internet any more at all (though I think I know how to fix that) and my desktop is connected to two networks and I can't merge them and can't delete them. I've talked to Netgear and they have no idea how to configure their own hardware, much less someone else's. They ended up just telling me it won't work.

As I'm sure you know Linksys has gone from having the best support in the business to not having any at all. So, can someone give me a dummies guide to setting up a static ip address? I'm running 32-bit Vista on all my computers. I only have one device hooked up to it (a DirecTV receiver).  If necessary I'll pay for your time.

TIA - Sherry

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: