EIM Escalate from one queue to another after max age

Unanswered Question
May 28th, 2010

Ok I don't know what I am doing wrong here.

I have 2 IPTA queues in EIM.

Test1 and Test2.

I have an inbound workflow that sends emails to Test 1 no problem.

I want to escalate emails that have been in that queue for more than 5 minutes to Test2.

I created an alarm workflow that polls Test2 every 15 seconds. The next node is an alarm that check for Activity.AgeMinutes.>=5 and a filter that says QueueName = Test1

For the life of me I can't get this to work. It's like the Alarm Workflow is not even running. I checked the logs and all of the services and there are no error message. What is funny is I can set the logging to debug and the log file for alarm rules still shows nothing.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Strange way to do it. If you have IPTA (ICM Picks the Agent), once EIM sends the request (NEW_TASK) up through the MR PG on the script selector, it runs your ICM script. It's under control of ICM until ICM picks the agent and returns to EIM "DO_THIS_WITH_TASK" indicating the agent to give the email to.

Why can't you have a Queue to Skill Group (A) leading to a wait node (300 secs = 5 mins)  and that leads to Queue to Skill Group (B). Now agents who are members of SG B can get the task.

Perhaps I am not understanding you correctly.

Chuck Smith Fri, 05/28/2010 - 23:18

Well I thought about that, when I do that, the email does route but when looking at the queue name it still show the name of the first queue. According to the documentation, alarm workflow's are used to escalate, prioritize, and re-route messages. Things like that.

Chuck Smith Sat, 05/29/2010 - 06:56

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I am not doubting that it work fine that way. I did it and it surely does queue to the next skill group. Actually you can queue it to both at the same time and it works fine, you can issue a cancel queue and queue it to the next skill, all of those work. Looking at the workflow guide starting at page 113 you can see examples of alarm workflows. I can’t even get it to send a notification. It’s like the alarm workflow service is not started, the schedule isn’t working, I don’t know. Something is wrong.  You are supposed to be able to run alarm workflows against activities and cases to modify them. Not just to re-queue but to also change priorities, re-assign them to active users, route directly to a supervisor, things like that. Time for a TAC case I guess.

This Discussion