Views
Helpful
Replies

T-CCS alternative

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Dear experts.

I have (at location A) voice PRI (from local telco) terminating on a modem. That modem is in turn connected to E1 controller in router 2821. This router 2821 is connected via Fiber link to my another router 3845 (different location B). From 3845 E1 controller card is connected to our call center server. Our support staff is located at location B. This diagram is like below

Telco-----------modem-----------------------(E1)2821(Fa0/0)--------------Fiber------------------------(Fa0/0)3845(E1)---------------------Server(IVR/CRM)

Now my friend has done the setup and its working for months now. After asking a voice consultant we used TCCS. He told us to look into Cvoice 4.0. I am new to my voice studies. I am using Cvoice 6.0 and TCCS is not there !!.

So i am just confused that did cisco developed some alternative of T-CCS ? like in above scenario, we need to pass that telco signalling transparently to location B server right ? so is T-CCS the only way ? or i can use some other method ?

This is just for my knowlegde base, kindly share your expertise as to what other methods could be used here.

6 Replies 6

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Any one pls ?

Can someone pls tell me, can i do the same setup without using T-CCS ?

Pls someone help me out

T-CCS basically tunnels HDLC frames across IP or frame-relay networks so in your case from the PBX perspective the ISDN PRI line appears to be at the same site.

I have not seen this feature used much and so cannot really state how well it works from experience.

An alternative option would be to IP enable the PBX either by purchasing the manufacturers IP card (if available) or by using a Cisco router with an E1 card to connect to an E1 port on the PBX. You would keep the 2800 series router connection the ISDN PRI but set it up to use H.323 to talk to the now ip-enabled PBX across the IP network.

Doing this would allow you to use a low bandwidth codec between the H.323 peers and save some bandwidth at the cost of quality but if T-CCS is working ok I would be inclined to stick with it.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need T-CCS. Since this setup uses regular PRI, you will have no problem whatsoever using a regular voip configruation.

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sir,

You may be right, but look, in the previous setup, telco was providing PRI, which was terminated in a modem and that modem was terminated to the IVR(call center server). This server mainly handles the call like placing them in queue, logging etc. Now, the support staff and server has moved to another location. If i did regular PRI configuration, how will server get the calls ? how will i give the server calls on timeslots ?

In T-CCS, call coming on timeslot 2 will be passed transparently to server on slot 2 right ? how will it happen in your proposed case ?

Once again, you do not need T-CCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: