Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2/RME : can't modify folder report archive setting

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had a LMS crash, so we reinstall LMS on d:\ and we restore LMS backup. Before LMS was installed on c:\.

We want to modify folder setting for report archive setting but it doesn't work, the old folder is always keep.

You will find screenshots.

Many thanks, Elisabeth

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Bonjour,

You may wish to check that no RME jobs are in a running state under Job MGMT  -> RME jobs.

Nobody else may be accessing an achive while you do this.

Do you get a popup message indication success/failure?

The cri.log in CSCOpx\log\ may give you clues as to why it didn't work.

Cheers,

Michel

I should mention that I have never tried to restore a backup on a different location or drive.

I'm not confident that this is supported actually. I wouldn't be surprised to find multiple hardcoded paths in the various config files.

I would advise to either restore to the old location, or start from scratch and start by doing a bulkimport of devices and credentials.

The later makes you loose the history you had of course.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I think that LMS backup, installation LMS on d:\ then restore lms backup works. see https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/639978#639978

On cri.log, folder C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\files\rme\cri\archives must exists, we will create it and make a new test tomorow.

Many Thanks, Elisabeth

If Joe said it is possible then I rest my case   :-)

So you typed the new path for the archive rather than selecting it.

Good that the cri log tells us this.

Make sure the folder you create gives all permission to casuser

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: