PVC2300 recorded audio is not sync with video

Unanswered Question
May 31st, 2010
User Badges:

Hi all,

I have a big big problem with my new PVC2300 network camera:

when I recording (from browser interface) the audio of the .avi file is not sync with video... in details in a record of 12-13 minutes the audio ends 8-10 seconds before the video... and I suppose that more lenght is the recorded file and more lenght is the desync between audio and video.

I use MPEG4 video stream at 640x480 30 fps and audio G.711 A-Law in mode "simplex - listen only".

For my usage this is a very big isssue... I hope there is a way to fix it.

Thanks in advice

Robert

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Fri, 06/04/2010 - 04:06
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I have not heard of this but will l ask around and look into it.  What type of PC and OS are you using and which browser?

With the new FW, there is a Samba setup that can achieve constant recortding.   Have you seen that and would that be an alternative which doesnt produce latency?   Or how about the SWVMS16 (Free client) which can be set up on a PC to do constant recording or motion detected as well?   Audio synchronization should not be a problem there.

Novabase36 Fri, 06/04/2010 - 06:10
User Badges:

I tried for 2 days for all possible configurations, editing: frame rate, quality, resolution. and type of stream (MPEG4 or MJPEG).

The only case that the recorded audio and video is sync is setting the SMB protocol to autorecord to a NAS.

But this mode have a lot of problems (.asf  format, large file size and continuos recording without the ability to start and stop the recordings).

I think that the desync is a bug (a very big bug) of yours activex control  that makes the recording.

I have find more or less a workaround using the Cisco Client... the program get an error on start (after unintall and install few times, and a lot of test, I understand that the only way to use the Cisco Client is running it as administrator.

Ok finnaly the cisco program works, but using it I found another problems:

after recorded, I tried to export a part of recording for testing the audio-video sync... the program gives me 2 format: AVI (without the ability to choose any other options) and ASF (with quality options). I tried first AVI format... the result sucks: bad video quality, 1,8 GB every 20 minutes and audio desync... no comment! ...then I tried the second export format: ASF...thats OK, the result is good... audio finally is syncronized with video.

My system is Windows Vista SP2 (32bit) and Internet Explorer 8... I tried also from an other pc with Windows 7... same problems recording from browser interface.  I have installed on my system the lastest video codecs (for example: divx etc.).

For my usage I can use the Cisco Client but my ideal usage will be recording from browser.

I think these problems are very serious for a product as is this camera.

I hope there is a way to resolve they... maybe with a future firmware update or installing an other software.

Thanks

Robert

Steven DiStefano Fri, 06/04/2010 - 06:25
User Badges:

Thanks Robert for the most excellent technical debrief on the problem.

I will work with the Engineering team to see if we can isolate this further.

Thanks for your help.

I'll come back and post status as we progress...

Steve

Steven DiStefano Fri, 06/04/2010 - 14:10
User Badges:

OK,  The Engineers just completed their testing of exactly what you reported, and your right.

This is a major find, and sorry you had to find it, but thank you.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I’ve tested the PVC2300 in-browser recording to duplicate customer problem with audio issues.

Through testing I have determined that the audio track ends before the video track. The audio is complete but has been time-compressed. In recording a 12-minute video, the audio ends early while the video track plays properly.

I counted up audibly while recording my watch at the beginning of the clip and the video is properly synced to the audio at the beginning of the clip.

At the end of the recording, I counted down from 10 when I observed the watch at 10 seconds to zero. The clip, however, shows the audio track finishing with my countdown to zero when the watch shows 15 left to go. The last 15 seconds of video are in silence after finishing the audio track.

We are now going to see how we can get this fixed.

We shall keep you posted.

Steve

Actions

This Discussion