WLC Wired and Wireless Guests

Unanswered Question
May 31st, 2010
User Badges:

I am using WCS 6.0.132.0 and WLC 6.0.188.0.  I am creating guest ID's using the LobbyAmbassador interface, and I would like to allow guest users to use the same ID password either wired or wireless.  I cannot see any way to accomplish this, am I missing something?  If I use an external Radius server, would that allow me to do it?  If I do add a Radius server, do the ID's created in Lobby Ambassador 'flow' to the radius server, or do I need to use the new server interface (whatever it may be) to create them?  I know it is a lot of questions, but I am dealing with a few hundred guest users a week, and I am trying to avoid a lot of extra work for staff and inconveience for guests.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 05/31/2010 - 13:07
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

If you are using lobby admin to create username and passwords, then you would be creating this on a WLC, either on a foreign or anchor controller.  Username and password can be used on either, since the WLC DB has all the info.  No need to have a radius unless you do not want to use the lobby admin feature and have your internal IT staff create username/passwords in AD or the local radius DB if it has one.  If the username will be used concurrently, then make sure Max Concurrent Logins for a user name is set to the # of concurrent users.

GENE MCTIERNAN Tue, 06/01/2010 - 07:22
User Badges:

Lobby admin requires a profile to be selected when a guest user is created, and each WLAN or wired network requires a unique profile when it is created (I have tried to use the same profile name for both) so that does not work.

Scott Fella Tue, 06/01/2010 - 08:21
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Gene,

You are right about when you create a guest user using lobby admin.  I was just looking at if you create a default local user you would be able to have one username and password.  The only way I can see this being easy is you would have to tell the lobby admin to create two username with the same password.  Maybe make the wireless username end in wifi or something that makes it different.  Other than that, I don't know how you would get that to work with a single username and password due to the profile.

Scott

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network