Wireless Deployment questions

Unanswered Question

Currently I have 2 4400 controllers in my head office site and we want to break them up for DR purposes.  I want to put one in HO and one in an office 100 km away.  We have a MPLS connection in between the two offices at 40mb.

At HO I have an anchor controller providing guest internet access via DSL and 3 WLANs for internal users.

The idea in splitting these controllers up is to have all ap's in the HO area to be hosted from the HO wlc and all others in the province to be hosted from the second controller.  we did not want to change the ip information or create new WLANs if possible.

What is the recommended practice for this type of scenario???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 05/31/2010 - 13:25

Well when you split the WLC's you will have to redo the interfaces on the WLC you move.   You will also have to create new vlans on the remote side. The reason being is that the subnets will change from one location to another.  SSID's can still be kept and you can decide what AP's will have HO as the primary and the remote site as the secondary and vice versa.  If a site goes down, then as long as the AP's have network connectivity to the other site, they will join the WLC and obatin the configuration from that particular WLC.  Users will then obtain a dhcp address from the secondary location.

This Discussion