Views
Helpful
Replies

EndUser Associate Device Profile to Extension Mobility LDAP

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a CCM 7.1.3

My CUCM is integrated with Microsoft AD integration and LDAP authentication.

Devices need to associate my Profiles with end users to use Extenssion Mobility

Is there any way we can associate end users with IP phones via BAT?
or I have to assign each end user with Devices manually?

Thanks,

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes.  You can update user objects to associate devices and device profiles.  You essentially re-import users using a .csv file.  In the .csv file you can identify fields that should be ignored and those that should be updated based on values you provide.  Take a look at the following to get the specifics on how to proceed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/7_0_1/t04upusr.html

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Hi

No - you use your UserID attribute (which may be your AD username if you selected sAMAccountName as the userID property when configuring the LDAP sync) as your user ID.

You use the PIN from the CallManager user pages for EM; there is no PIN attribute in AD.

You would use your AD password for logons to PC Applications (Agent Desktop, CUPC for example) and web apps such as CCMUser.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between Logicalis and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly Logicalis does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message. The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Logicalis on the above switchboard number quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Logicalis nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).

Logicalis UK Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No: 3732397, Registered Office: 110 Buckingham Avenue, Slough. Berkshire, SL1 4PF

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes.  You can update user objects to associate devices and device profiles.  You essentially re-import users using a .csv file.  In the .csv file you can identify fields that should be ignored and those that should be updated based on values you provide.  Take a look at the following to get the specifics on how to proceed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/7_0_1/t04upusr.html

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

is  functioning normally

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

For me  to use the Extension Mobility service, after the LDAP integration.
I use my  username and password coming from the AD to login?
Example:
username:  adm.brangel
password: 123456

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Hi

No - you use your UserID attribute (which may be your AD username if you selected sAMAccountName as the userID property when configuring the LDAP sync) as your user ID.

You use the PIN from the CallManager user pages for EM; there is no PIN attribute in AD.

You would use your AD password for logons to PC Applications (Agent Desktop, CUPC for example) and web apps such as CCMUser.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual relationship between Logicalis and you. Internet communications are not secure and accordingly Logicalis does not accept any legal liability for the contents of this message. The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Logicalis on the above switchboard number quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. Please note that neither Logicalis nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and attachments (if any).

Logicalis UK Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No: 3732397, Registered Office: 110 Buckingham Avenue, Slough. Berkshire, SL1 4PF

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank`s

So to  activate the service I have to go in manually and set end user?

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Ok Thanks

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: