Seem to have created an issue that ended up getting me locked out of ssh/telnet access and any inbound/outbound traffic on my router.
I was configuring my router at home 850 miles away to open up the ports for my brother to use on XBL and now we have serious issues. I followed the advice of another post and entered the following access-list entries to open the ports. I tested the connection and all seemed fine. I copied running config to startup config and logged out of the router. About 2 hours later I received a call saying that all communications are completely dead. I cannot login using ssh or telnet to get into the router to see what is happening.
The old ADSL modem I had there still connects so we have ruled out a WAN connectivity issue and narrowed it down to a router configuration problem.
Here are the entries I created to open the ports and which I think caused the problem.
The access list assigned to Dialer In contains the following:
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq www
access-list 101 permit udp any any eq 88
access-list 101 permit udp any any eq 3074
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 3074
access-list 101 permit udp any any eq domain
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq domain
I can't seem to find a way to get back into the router to fix this issue. I cannot physically sit there at the router to do any changes and my brother is unable to help other than type in commands I give him.
I do not have a text copy of the current config. I will work on getting one out of him after work tomorrow unless someone can see what mistake I made and possibly let me know what I need to do to remove the offending access list so that the traffic flow is restored back to normal. My father bought the router and runs his exchange server and dB through it so I need to get it back working as soon as I possibly can.
Thank you in advance for any assistance regarding this matter.