cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Problems

naazish_khatri
Level 1
Level 1

I have few problems with UC520 which needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Anybody's help would be much appreciated.

1- When we save the number in the directory, Upon dialing or recieving the number, name is not displayed.

2- We configured paging through CCA 2.2.2, we can dial the paging but when we speak, voice is not reachable. Mic and speaker of the phones are ok.

3- How can we syncronise the time of CUE and CME.

4- When a person makes a call from outside and hangs after 3 rings, even after he has hung up we get 4 extra rings (upon incoming call) on all the phones.

5-  What is the indication that all the PSTN lines are busy when making outgoing call, after dialing the number it just cuts off. Can we record a message saying all lines are busy or set it in a way that when we dial 9 it should give engage tone.

6- Is there a way that we can increase the volume of speaker mic. We are facing low voice problem when speaking on speaker phone.

7 Replies 7

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

Answer to question 3:

Are you using the latest software packs? There was a bug in the earlier versions (CSCsu36827 which was resolved in UC520 12.4(20)T2)

In order to synchronize clocks on CME and CUE, please configure the

following:

- On CME: 

configure terminal

ntp master 1

end

- On CUE:

configure terminal

ntp server prefer

clock timezone [ENTER] (Make the appropriate selections.)

end

write memory

Or you could set an external NTP server for both the CME and CUE. This is how it's done in CUE.

UC500-CUE# Conf t

Ntp server ntp1.sp.se "Change to your prefered ntp server"

Clock timezone (Europe, Sweden)

End

Wr mem

This is all done in cli.

Best regards

Markus

Thank you Markus, I will try what you suggested.

By the way the phones are SPA504.

One more problem we are facing that is these phones (SPA504 or SPA502) are hanging, it gets stuck. We have to unplug the cable and plug it back again to get it running again.

Can Cisco give answers to my questions please? or anyone's help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Naazish,

1- When we save the number in the directory, Upon dialing or recieving 
the number, name is not displayed.

Can you confirm please that your directory listing looks like this please: "directory entry 1 name John Citizen

Also the process you are undertaking to call this directory number, is it as follows: press "1" >>> Press the "AbbrvDial" Soft Key >>> Number dials out and displays on the screen? That should be the process and either the number or the name will display, in all instances I have seen only the number shows up. If the directory entry is correct and it matches any translation rules you have applied, the number should be converted to a name on the incoming call.

2- We configured paging through CCA 2.2.2, we can dial the paging but when we speak, voice is not reachable. Mic and speaker of the phones are ok.

This might be a silly questions, but in CCA to you add the phones in their respective Paging Groups? If they are not when you dial the paging DN it will call no one, but will in any even still dial out, check and make sure you have assigned the users DN's to a paging group, this will allow for paging to happen to that phone.

3- How can we syncronise the time of CUE and CME.

As per the previous post, you need to set the NTP on the CME side and then also on the CUE side, CCA should be able to do this, also make sure you set the time zone on the CME as well as the CUE, the time zone is configured on the config (Look at the beginning of the configuration) and also check the telephony-service, the time zone will be reflected as an numeric number, this needs to be set to make sure the phones get the right times on them.

4- When a person makes a call from outside and hangs after 3 rings, even
 after he has hung up we get 4 extra rings (upon incoming call) on all 
the phones.

Is this on a SIP trunk? Please be a little more specific, let us know on what type of service this is happening on. In any event this delayed call taredown is often observed on SIP trunks, it has improved over the years but still at times it shows its ugly head up.

5-  What is the indication that all the PSTN lines are busy when making 
outgoing call, after dialing the number it just cuts off. Can we record a
 message saying all lines are busy or set it in a way that when we dial 9
 it should give engage tone.

By default when you dial "0" and then the number, the system will begin to dial out, in most cases the system has a command called "no dial-peer outbound status-check pots" it will just dial the number as presented and then match it to the dial-peers based on the digit inputs, if all channels are busy you should get an engaged signal, is this not happening for you? And again is this going out over a SIP trunk or a FXO/ISDN service? if it is SIP trunk then your service provide is not providing a progress tone back to you, and you may need to speak to them.

6- Is there a way that we can increase the volume of speaker mic. We are facing low voice problem when speaking on speaker phone.

So when you have the handset off-hook, and you increase the volume on the system, does it make a difference? Or is the actual problem you are having related to the far end not being able to hear your voice properly??

As i understand it, these 5XX Series phones seem to have inherited the SPA942/962 problems of the far end not hearing your voice properly, the only way to counter that was to raise the gain level on the trunk (Assuming it was FXO), but this introduced other problems such as echo and reverb.

Make sure you have the latest firmware's of the phones, the current ones may resolve the volume issue.

Hope you sort those problems out.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you for the reply David.

2- When dialing the paging DN, It calls all the phones in the paging group, speaker of the phone turns on when we are paging but voice doesnt reach or doesnt comeout of the phone (speaker).

4- I mean when a call hits FXO (incoming call), call which is hit at FXO has been disconnected by the end user after 2 or 3 rings but IP phone is still ringing for about 30 more secs. How can we avoid this delayed taredown.

5- We are using FXO service and we press 9 to make outgoing calls, when all lines(channels) are busy, we get busy signal or fast busy tone. Is there a way that when we press 9, we get a message saying lines busy or some indication that all FXO lines are busy. when a person dials and he get engage signal, he is confused whether the FXO lines are busy or end user is busy.

Can some one answer my questions please.

Hi there,

I will do my best to try and help you out, although I have not come across the paging problem before.

2- When dialing the paging DN, It calls all the phones in the paging group, speaker of the phone turns on when we are paging but voice doesnt reach or doesnt comeout of the phone (speaker).

Can you please post the Paging DN configuration? I would like to see how this is setup (But I ighly doubt it will lead to much at this stage)

4- I mean when a 
call hits FXO (incoming call), call which is hit at FXO has been 
disconnected by the end user after 2 or 3 rings but IP phone is still 
ringing for about 30 more secs. How can we avoid this delayed taredown.

Again can i please see your "voice-port" configuration? Please post it up here.

5- We are using FXO service and we press 9 to make outgoing calls, when all lines(channels) are busy, we get busy signal or fast busy tone. Is there a way that when we press 9, we get a message saying lines busy or some indication that all FXO lines are busy. when a person dials and he get engage signal, he is confused whether the FXO lines are busy or end user is busy.

I am no aware of any configuration that can achieve this, nor heard of any that is able to achieve this outcome. I am about 70% sure that this can not be done, but I am happy to be corrected on this by the Cisco godz.

I await your response.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you for your time David. Attached are the files you requested. I am on site now so if some can give me live support and solve this issue that would be great.

Cisco is not supporting me. No cisco employee has replied to my questions in this Cisco Support Community. I hope this community doesnt require SmartNet for cisco support.

Regards,

Hi There,

Thank you for your time David. Attached are the files you requested. I am on site now so if some can give me live support and solve this issue that would be great.

Thanks for that i have had a look at it and nothing is sticking out right now.

Cisco is not supporting me. No cisco employee has replied to my questions in this Cisco Support Community. I hope this community doesnt require SmartNet for cisco support.

In their defense, this is a community based forums and is a free service as well i think at times we may need to expect them to be very busy and when they do give assistance we should appreciate it, the team that resides on these forums are extermly helpfull and are always willing to assist. My guess is that they are quite busy, or they feel at this stage the level of support i am providing is suffecient (I could be wrong).

If you can go to: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

Download the Quick Support version and then go to my profile, e-mail me the ID and password i will log onto your system and see if i can look at the problem for you.

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: