Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM announcements configuration

robmas0871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm configuring a cluster of 3 CUCM 7.1.3 and i'd like to implement announcements. I started the IP Voice media streaming service on the 2 subscribers and i have got 2 annunciator correclty registered. I read the types of announcements supported by CUCM but i'm still asking 2 questions:

- the announcements are active as soon i activate the IP Voice media streaming service, but how can i configure them ? Only in the "Route Pattern" page in the "block this pattern" drop down menu or in other place also ? The official documentation is not clear about it

- i'd like to choose when activate an announce: for example when a DN calls an unregistered or non-existent DN. It's possible to do that ?

Thank you,

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The announcements are active as soon as you enable the IPVMS and get the ANN's registered.  You cannot configure/modify the actual annunciator prompts in the appliance model versions of CUCM.  You can cause an annunciator message to be played using a Route Pattern (in the way you suggest) or by using a translation pattern (in a similar fashion).  The unallocated/unassigned message is "automatically" available for stations registered to your CUCM.  Meaning, you don't need to configure it.  Well, aside from making sure that the annunciator media resource is exposed to the phone/gateway via the media resource group list configuration parameters in your cluster.  If you do not place the ANN's in a MRG then you should be fine.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The announcements are active as soon as you enable the IPVMS and get the ANN's registered.  You cannot configure/modify the actual annunciator prompts in the appliance model versions of CUCM.  You can cause an annunciator message to be played using a Route Pattern (in the way you suggest) or by using a translation pattern (in a similar fashion).  The unallocated/unassigned message is "automatically" available for stations registered to your CUCM.  Meaning, you don't need to configure it.  Well, aside from making sure that the annunciator media resource is exposed to the phone/gateway via the media resource group list configuration parameters in your cluster.  If you do not place the ANN's in a MRG then you should be fine.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need CUCM 8.X to do that.

Announcement Configuration

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi William and Javalenc,

thank you for reply, i find method to select system messages by creating CSS containing first partitions linked to route patterns blocked and then a partition linked to a route pattern allowed and containing all dialable external numbers (0.!). So, for each pattern, i can select "block this pattern" and then the error message. But i noticed that not all system message are played: for example "call reject" message is never played while "Precedence Level Exceeded" is played correctly.

Consider that i loaded (on all the members of the cluster) the locale Italian File "cm-locale-it_IT-7.1.3.2000-1.cop.sgn" and all the system messages should be present. Maybe i forgot something ?  Could be a specific reason for some system messages not played ? Maybe i must load the file "cm-locale-combined_network-7.1.3.2000-1.cop.sgn" also ?

Thank you,

Roberto

P.S. how can i rate your replies ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: