Views
Helpful
Replies

DOT1X-5-FAIL not recognized by Mars

radiomoskau
Level 1
Level 1

G'Day guys,

I'm running a Mars v6.0.7 - Since the release notes stated that Cisco IOS is updated to the release states from March, I expected Mars to recognize dot1x events from more recent releases (iirc about a year old).

But it seems as if it still doesn't recognize "%DOT1X-5-FAIL: Authentication failed for client ... "

Now that Cisco is "concentrating" it's efforts for the device support only on their own products, this lack of support for critical information is annoying...

* that is only my very personal opinion *

But I'm stating this here because there's allways the possibility of pebkac, meaning maybe I've missed something...

What I'd like to know is, if I've missed something or if I've still have to use my custom parsers to correlate on this type of events.

Thanks alot!

catch ya

Roman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roman;

It does not appear that "%DOT1X-5-FAIL: Authentication failed for client ... " is parsed by CS-MARS release 6.0.7 for any supported release of IOS. You can request that your Cisco account team submit a product enhancement request on your behalf to add parsing support for this message.  At this time, you will need to continue using your custom parser.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roman;

It does not appear that "%DOT1X-5-FAIL: Authentication failed for client ... " is parsed by CS-MARS release 6.0.7 for any supported release of IOS. You can request that your Cisco account team submit a product enhancement request on your behalf to add parsing support for this message.  At this time, you will need to continue using your custom parser.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your quick and accurate response!

catch ya!

Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: